According to the (CDC) centers for disease control and prevention 29,000,000 million people in the USA have diabetes. Of the 29,000,000 approximately 75% are diagnosed and 25% undiagnosed. What is equally or more important, and critical is that another 86,000,000 adults, more then one and three US adults have pre-diabetes. Without weight loss moderate physical activity the CDC claimed 15 to 30% of these people with pre-diabetes would develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years. These new numbers are alarming. It is imperative that preventative program and initiative be put in place immediately so that these pre diabetes candidates can be help. The number is going up every second.
How many people in the world have diabetes?
The (WHO) World Health Organization estimated as of November 2014. It is estimated nearly 347,000,000 people worldwide have diabetes.
How often is someone diagnosed with diabetes?
The (CDC) report states that every 17 seconds someone is diagnosed with diabetes, and that diabetes causes more deaths a year than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
Who are the people mostly affected by diabetes?
Diagnosed diabetes has affected minority ethnic groups roughly twice as often as Caucasians. In pre-diabetes stage, all ethnic groups not limited to all Caucasians are affected at a ravage speeds. People diagnosed with diabetes on average have medical expenditures that are approximately 2.3 times higher than those without diabetes.
Can my family, friends and co-workers be part of this worthy initiative?
Please join us in this fight for a cure!
- We intend to lead the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fight for those affected by diabetes.
- We are dedicated to stopping diabetes and keeping you and your family and friends healthy.
- We currently deliver our services to hundreds of communities.
- We provide objective and credible information, and are “giving a voice” to those, denied their rights because of diabetes. –
- We are taking action at the State and federal level with HATT diabetes initiative.
- As you know HATT is an advocate for people with diabetes. Every letter you write, every phone call you place will help to make it impossible for the world to ignore the urgent need to fight diabetes and to protect those who have diabetes.
Is The HATT Foundation a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization?
The HATT Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization directly aimed at improving diabetes awareness and enabling better management in USA and Haiti, as well as other islands of the Caribbean.
The HATT Foundation Diabetes Initiative program uses a three-tiered approach. In a consistence basis we are continuing to provide:
1) Informational community based diabetes seminars
2) Diabetes education and testing for the whole family
3) And, diabetes lectures and training for physicians, nurses, and many other health care professionals
Where is The HATT Foundation based?
We are a United States based foundation composed of Board Certified Endocrinologists, Podiatrists, Ophthalmologists, Internists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and Certified Diabetes Educators. We provide our services on a year round basis.
What are our HATT Foundation beliefs?
The HATT Foundation believes that the restoration of one life at the time holds the key to promoting the values base system, which is essential to people with diabetes in the USA and the Caribbean. A quality Family Life, Culture and Society, including providing HOPE, LIFE and Health Security!!
Weekly Health Challenge, from h2u (health 2)
From now on take the stairs, not the elevator!
Bypassing the elevator or escalator to take the stairs yields so many health benefits that you won’t regret your decision. In moderation, stair climbing not only burns more calories, but it can also reduce your risk of stroke. In fact, according to a recent study of more than 10,000 men in the Health journal stroke, men who climbed three to five sets of stairs daily lowered their risk by 29 percent. This week, do a little planning and hit the stairs more often. These tips will help.
Additional benefits of being a HATT program member:
Access to an emergency Button to Make Living Alone safe and Worry-Free
HATT knows you want to feel safe at home, particularly if you live alone. That’s why HATT partnered up with Protective Plus Inc. Companion services to offer HATT members the personal Emergency Response System at a substantial discount. This portable, emergency help button can call for immediate assistance around the clock, so you can live independently without sacrificing personal safety.
Medical Physician Benefits
- Clients with diabetes will be compliance with your office
- Our training program will decrease your insurance turn over rate
- You will increase patient volume by up to 25%
- You will see a decrease in the reoccurrence of clients visiting the ER
- You will increase the clinic’s revenue up to 40%
- Our certified diabetic educators will teach your clients in their primary language
- Every doctor will get a monthly report from our diabetic educators
- Cook Book and News Letter will be available to our members and doctors with a nominal fee
- One-on-One diabetic training
- Diabetic training and education for clients and their families
- Medication management
- Collaboration with physicians to help each client achieve optimal health
- Attend a monthly workshop with our nutritionist
- Supervise reinforcement of client safety
- Taking charge of your health program
HATT is all about Your Health ………. (We are all about You)!!
Please Join HATT today and we will help you reach your optimal health and to live life to the fullest! With your HATT membership, you will receive valuable resources that you can use at home, at work or on the go, including these:
- Our HATT magazine and monthly newsletter
- Access to our online library, health tools and other resources at HATT.today
- Diabetic training and workshops for the whole family
- Meetings with HATT nutritionists one on one
- Listen to Health Talk 101 radio every Saturday from 10:00 to 12:00
Give “the gift of life” to the people living with Diabetes and truly make a difference!